KB17: How to repair corrupt fonts
On startup of CDBurnerXP, you may receive the following message:
CDBurnerXP cannot be started, because some fonts are corrupted or not installed on your system. Please check http://cdburnerxp.se/help/kb/17 for details. Do you want to visit this website now?
If this happens, most likely you have deleted important system fonts or your fonts have been corrupted. Check the following website for detailed information on how to restore your original font files:
The usually necessary fonts for CDBurnerXP are Arial, Tahoma and Microsoft Sans Serif.
A solution that has been posted by one of our users and has worked apparently: http://forum.cdburnerxp.se/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8168#p31267
Another solution for Vista (source):
- Start → Run (Windows + R)
- Type: “sfc /SCANNOW” and press Enter
- Go to Control Panel\Fonts
- Right click anywhere in the folder, and click “Install Font”
- Select “C:\Windows\Fonts” (or the equivalent) as the folder. Click “Select All”, then click “Install”. (All the fonts will be copied back onto themselves and be registered in the process.)