This is an old revision of the document!
If you are told to provide a log file to further diagnose your problem, please follow the following steps (only works in version 4.2.8 and higher):
- Go to the options (File → Options) and make sure that “Enable logging” is checked.
- Restart CDBurnerXP and perform the steps that are necessary to make the error occur (and only these).
- Attach the file ”%appdata%\Canneverbe Limited\CDBurnerXP\StarBurn.log” to a post in our forum or send it per e-mail (see http://cdburnerxp.se/impressum).
After sending the log file, you should disable the logging feature, because it might otherwise hurt the performance of CDBurnerXP.
If the support asks you to try the SPTD mode for further diagnosis, do the following:
- Make sure that you have the SPTD drivers installed.
- Open the file ”%appdata%\Canneverbe Limited\CDBurnerXP\UserSettings.ini” (you can use File → Open in Windows Notepad).
- Search for “UseSPTD=0” in the file and replace the “0” with “1”.
- Save the file and start CDBurnerXP. Follow the steps required to reproduce the problem and report the result.
- Revert your change in UserSettings.ini.